Cookie Notice

Monday, November 6, 2017

International Quilt Fest Houston


Last Friday my dear friends and I enjoyed a day spent at the International Quilt Festival in Houston.. It had been several years since I had last attended..

On this day, Houston was also hosting a Parade to celebrate the Astros win....Thousands upon thousands of happy people and I shared the same 5 mile radius, lol..

The quilts that I admired in person / had an opportunity to photograph with the inclusion of the artist's  name are pictured in this story..Many of these quilts took years to complete.

The videos and links to articles posted here are from exhibitions that I did not see in person..Due to the HUGE size of this event, it was very difficult for most people, including myself, to see everything they wanted to see in one day .....
Cecilia Kopperman "The Golden Window"




































 OLD BLUE by Michelle Jackson

Danny Amazonas "Rainy Night"
 Danny Amazonas "Pinky"


THE PRINCESS WARRIOR'S FOREST quilt by Cheryl L. Olson.





There were many quilt galleries / exhibition groups within the huge quilt festival at the George R Brown Convention Center in Houston..Showcases such as "A Celebration of color",  "Her Story; A Celebration of Strong Women",  "In Full Bloom 2017", were present..Below are links to some of these showcases...

Winners of ribbons and prizes Please click on this pink link to see thumbnails of the featured quilts for this year's Festival :-)

Another showcase of fabric arts here at the International Quilt Festival Houston 2017
Showcase of fabric arts


A SPRING TWIST by Karlyn Bue Lohrenz
"Sunset Trees" by Sandy Curran
Jill Kerttula "Urban Voyeur: Union Station." 

Kate Themel’s “Gotta Hava Cuppa”
MR. WIGGLES DOES THE CIRCLE DANCE by Sarah Ann Smith.
“Arches” by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry


9 comments:

  1. These are stunning quilts. The talent and imagination of these quilters is awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What wonderful work! Thanks for sharing Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post, so full of color and beauty!

    Have a wonderful new week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! These are soooooo beautiful! Please let me know when the festival happens again. I just might make the trip to Houston. I have a brother who lives there, so I can visit him too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely let you know Chandra..I hope if you do make the trip to Houston, that we could meet in person :-)

      Delete