Cookie Notice

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Be Still

This year, I find myself taking an unusually different direction in my photography..

I have been known to get up at the crack of dawn to chase sunrises once or twice a week..

With the demise of my favorite park by the bay , I don't get out to shoot like I usually do..

Instead, I have been playing with still life photography and editing..I have fun printing my favorite work into post cards :-)

Welcome to my most recent still life frenzy !!!!


Pieces from my late mom's tea set















I shot this image at Hermann Park while hanging out with my friend Geff...He flew in to Houston from San Francisco, to spend Easter with family and friends :-)









When the entire week stays gloomy and overcast, I'll sometimes treat myself to a bouquet of colorful cut flowers..These tulips caught my eye..




The pottery egg was made by Christi Ormsby, who lived and worked in Sewanee Tennessee..My sister and I attended college there together in 1976...The first week we spent on campus, we walked to downtown Sewanee to explore..We found a cute and tiny shop called the Lemon Fair..Where we spotted these eggs..We each bought one to decorate our dorm room..This year makes 40 years that we have had these eggs in our possession :-)



























13 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, I am fairly new to your blog and have added you to my blog list so I can visit often. I love all these pictures but the last one... well, it's my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good for the creative juices to go in a new direction. I like the still life shots. The blossom shot is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is good to continually explore different avenues of photography, it helps us learn and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos, Lisa. I'm a huge fan of shallow depth of field photos and your 1st one in this post got me from the get go.
    Marrianna
    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, these are all beautiful images. I love the last shot of the flower arrangement. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa!! And welcome to the T party.... I don't think i've seen you visit before?? Well these photos are just gorgeous and i'm so glad you shared with us this T day! Hope to see you again. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the T Party! Your photos are beautiful and I love the way you use the light in your compositions 😁. Nice to meet you at T Stands for Tuesday and wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. The demise of a park sounds like a tragedy to me :( I got a sinking feeling as I read the words, loving my own local parks as I do.

    That tea set is lovely! So delicate-looking. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is the first time I have visited you. And what a treat it is! I love photography myself but am not so good at manual settings on my camera. Your still lifes are beautiful. I love your mum's tea set. (and the nearly dead tulips).
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to T, Lisa. So glad you could join us. I know you have been through so much this past summer, especially with Harvey and all the devastation it caused. Your beautiful postcards are going to be the hit of anyone who receives one. You take fabulous photos, and those cups, mugs, and teapot are wonderful. I also really enjoyed the egg and the spoon, too. We are so glad you could join us for T this Tuesday and look forward to seeing you here again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisa,

    Welcome to the T-party. Your photos are gorgeous! You take wonderful shallow depth of field shots. I've struggled and struggled to do that with 0 success. Maybe you'll give us some tips in a future post;-)

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos and your china looks gorgeous.
    Nice to meet you and I send you Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete