Cookie Notice

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Winter on the prairie


To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee,
One clover, and a bee.
And revery.
The revery alone will do,
If bees are few. 
































Not a prairie, but this is a popular hangout for people - animals at the Armand Bayou Nature Center






This quiet spot is a favorite of mine.Sadly it has been a year since my last visit to Armand Bayou Nature Center....During the mild days of winter I like the feeling of being in the middle of this prairie! Especially on a sunny and breezy morning, when this park is deserted..A  pretty place to walk, birdwatch, take pictures and paint plein aire  :-)




6 comments:

  1. I like your focus on the prairie photos - first the expanse and then up close. The egret looks small amid those giant trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb..On that day I was using my nifty 50 lens..The prairie was pretty deserted, so I was able to walk back and forth, stoop, squat and sit to get my different views without startling any creatures around me ( human and non human) ;-)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful series of quiet photos. I would love to walk here, with camera in hand. It reminds me of my earliest childhood years (from what I can remember; the landscape is engraved in my memories).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all how I imagined prairie to be, but interesting all the same.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love prairies, its all that open space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, this park looks lovely for some peaceful walks. I love the poem! Gorgeous photos.
    Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete