Cookie Notice

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Counting and identifying birds

This past weekend I participated in the Great Backyard Bird Count...

I got prepared by uploading the Merlin e-bird app for my phone, an easy way to record and submit what I identified....

I would start my day with planned birdwatching sessions while drinking my coffee on the backyard patio..Later in the day I would go for drives to parks or walks on the beach..

Last year I used pencil and paper and submitted my results online at the end of the day, before bedtime..

This year I submitted and reported my findings in real time via the e-bird app on my smart phone...

A fun way to learn about the birds that live in or pass thru our area :-)




My Backyard


A foggy Friday February 12 , 0800- 0900..All of these birds came to visit me in my backyard.

A young Red Bellied Woodpecker

Cardinal


Mourning Dove




A fellow birdwatcher






Yellow Rump Warbler



Yellow Rump Warbler







Pictured below are my sightings for Saturday February 13, 2016..


 I went to a state park and then to a beach to walk and bird watch..


A quiet place to be alone with my thoughts-Battleground State Park








Sylvan Beach, in La Porte Texas


Sandpiper




Egret






Red Breasted Merganser









Sunday February 14, 2016, My backyard




This is a U-tube video I made..A backyard mockingbird gave us a Happy Valentine's Morning Serenade.
My Simon was busy stalking squirrels, Oscar was by my side while I made this video..
The windy weather and Oscar's snorts can be heard throughout the audio, lol :-)
This concludes my observations for today, because I am feeling under the weather.. I have high hopes that I will be bird watching tomorrow morning, weather permitting..









Monday February 15th....

The weather was beautiful but I didn't venture out until late..The birds were camera shy, lol..This place is another favorite setting of mine, to hang out, birdwatch, walk, think, and take photos :-)



Bay Area Park, Clear Lake Texas






















Such a fine weekend to be part of the Great Backyard Bird Count!

6 comments:

  1. Love that tree in the State Park. The amazing things apps can do now days. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Lisa....these are ALL super. I so enjoyed your images you've shared.

    Thanks for linking up this week at I'd Rather B Birdin' and have a glorious day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you and your fellow bird watcher had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great selection of birds in your yard Lisa. Are those Laughing Gulls on the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wonderful, cheerful, sun filled shares in this post~

    ReplyDelete